Darwin Fishing Itinerary
Darwin’s Barra Base prides itself in delivering great Full One Day Barramundi Fishing Trips for individuals, couples and groups from 4 to 20 persons. We have 4 great custom built guide boats, and can link with other professional operators to cater for you, or your 12 to 20+ person group booking.
The One Day Barra Fishing Trips are normally out to the beautiful wetland waterways of the Mary River to Shady Camp & Corroboree Billabong. Or to remote Finniss River out at Dundee during the Dry Season.
Dry Season Rate (Mar to Dec)
- Full Day $380 per person to Shady Camp & Finniss River; P/up 5am unless otherwise advised due to tides; returning between 5.30-6.00pm.
- Full Day $350 per person to Corroboree Billabong, Leaders Creek, Saltwater Arm, Shoal Bay:P/up 5.00am returning approx 4.30 to 5pm.
- Half Day $300 per person. Children 6 to 12 years old - $260 per person. P/Up 5am unless other arrangement is made. Return 1-2pm.
This Rate per person includes our Service Support to you for the following:
- Pick ups from your business or accommodation location or up to 4 separate locations per vehicle (4 clients per vehicle) at approx 5 to 5.30am,
- At approx 6.10am we stop at Corroborree Park Tavern when fishing the Mary River System or Dundee Lodge at approx 6.50am, where you the clients, or conference group persons can purchase your own Breakfast and cup of Tea or Coffee. Have a toilet stop & refresh. After approx 15 minute comfort stop we continue on to the Boat Ramp to load & launch the boats.
- We supply = Morning tea, (muffins & fruit); packed meat & salad lunches, soft drinks and chilled ice water, and all the fishing equipment and tackle required on a normal charter policy of (you lose it or break it then you replace it basis). BYO canned beer or UDL is allowed and will be placed in eskies under ice for you, when we stop at Corroboree Park Tavern, or Dundee Lodge.
- Half day fishing time on water is from approx 7am to 11.30pm; at Corroboree Billabong only returning clients to Darwin at approx 2pm; and
- Full day fishing time on water Mary River is from approx 7.10am to 2.30pm; returning clients to Darwin at approx 4.30 to 5pm. For Finniss River 7.30am to 2.30pm, returning approx 6pm.
- All Barra Keepers (55 +cm) can be released after Group Catch Photos, or filleted for your keeping, and are placed under ice or iced water in the esky for chilled transport back to Darwin.
- Tax Invoices can be arranged to be completed for the benefit of your Business or Corporate Groups as Team Building Exercises with the supply of full Business Name and ABN number.
All that is required is for you to send a confirmation booking email or call 0488 222 695 to secure your family or group booking.
Darwin’s Barra Base staff are here to help you make your family day out or conference groups social networking days be filled with fantastic Territory experiences of great Barramundi Fishing, Wildlife and Birdlife splendour that your clients will cherish for years to come.
To gain a booking for any Individual, Family or Corporate/Conference Group’s booking. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 0488 222 695.
Deposits; 25% deposit minimum & Full Payments can be completed by direct payment to our bank account to secure boat and individual seat bookings. Remainder of the balance owing should be paid prior to the start of the fishing trip and or on receipt of a Tax Invoice for Conference Groups or Booking Agent bookings.
Deposits or Full payments can be made by a payment by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into our Commonwealth Bank. Bank Account Name: MD and JM Hinchey.
Bank Account BSB No. 062826,
Bank Account No. 10150303.
Please ensure you reference your deposit with your Surname or Group name and the date that your fishing trip is to commence i.e (Smith12Apr2013) to assist us in our financial statement check.
What You Are To Bring Along
4. Cool Clothing, long sleeves if possible.
4. Insect Repellent;
Darwin’s Barra Base also Completes the Following Extended Fishing Safaris:
- 2-6 Days Barra Run Off Fishing Safaris @ Shady Camp during the Wet Season Run Off
months of (Feb, Mar, Apr & May yearly). We will develop a great fishing holiday for you, based around the Spring and Neap Tides to give you the best fishing experience possible.
- 2-4 Days Barra Wetland Billabong Fishing Safaris are completed during the Dry Season from (May to Dec yearly) in the Mary River System at Corroboree Billabong, Hardies Lagoon, or Shady Camp Freshwater Lagoon. We will develop a great fishing holiday for you, and your friends based around your holiday period.
- 2-6 Days Barra to Sailfish Pelagics Bluewater Fishing Safaris @ Dundee, Finniss River, Peron Islands, Sail City, Long Lost and Roche Reefs during the dry season months of (May to Nov yearly).
- 2-5 Days Barra Fishing Safaris @ Remote Finniss River are completed during the cooler months from (mid Apr to Nov yearly) located some 200Klms South West of Darwin. We stay at Dundee Lodge or Dundee Beach B&B. Here the river is untouched by commercial fishermen and the Barra are on the chew nearly all year round on Neap Tides.
Call us on 0488 222 695 to develop a great fishing holiday for you.