Welcome to Darwins Barra Base, your Darwin Fishing Centre for Barramundi and Barra & Bluewater Safaris in the NT.
2015 Barra Run Off dates now available
(Feb to April 2015) Don't miss this exciting time on the Barramundi Fishing Calendar as the massive run off of the wet season floods provides exceptional fishing.
Paul Mitchel's Barra
1st Metre+ 2014
Two for the table
|"Great Run ? Had a lot of fun ? Landed First Barra 1Metre+ Joined the Elite Darwins Barra Base Metre Club.
Great Guides, very accommodating. Recommend to Anyone, Who wants to catch the 1 Metre + Barra's. Just Hook Up with Allan & the Boys."|
In 2015 Darwins Barra Base will be expanding its Business to give to our clients the choice of Two Levels of Extended Fishing Safaris.
For Barra Run Off Safaris @ Shady Camp (Feb-Apr 2015),
1. Usual 2-6 Days Barra Run Off Safaris staying at Point Stuart Wilderness Lodge (Feb-Apr)
2. Live Aboard Mothership 3-6 Days Barra Run Off Safaris anchored in Tommy Cut Creek (Mar-Apr)
· For Barra to Sailfish Safaris @ Dundee to Peron Islands (May-Nov 2015),
1. Usual 2-6 Days Barra to Sailfish Pelagics Bluewater Fishing Safaris staying at The Lodge of Dundee, or Dundee Place, (May-Nov)
2. Live Aboard Mothership 3-6 Days Barra to Sailfish Bluewater Fishing Safaris anchored at Cape Ford or Peron Islands, (May-Jun)
· For Build Up Barra & Bluewater Safaris (Sept-Oct 2015),
1. Usual 2-6 Days Barra & Bluewater Build Up Safaris staying at The Lodge of Dundee, or Dundee Place (Sept-Nov).
2. Live Aboard Mothership 3-6 Days Barra & Bluewater Fishing Safaris anchored at Cape Ford, or Little Moil, (Sept-Oct)Click here to contact DBB for Itineraries Start Dates and Availability
Sean Fitzgerald owner of Samios Plumbing Darwin landed his Personal Best at the mouth of Sampan Creek. Guided by Rob Foster from Darwins Barra Base
Barra fishing off to a great start with a couple of Barra over 1 metre Landed by Father and Son team at the Adelaide River on the 24th January.
Click here to see the 107cm Barra and details on a Run Off Safari Jack and Dad Chris will not forget.
"Allan, sorry it's taken me so long to post this, but enjoy as we did, thank you for the great day the old man and I had prior to my deploying. We will definitely be back again and then some more, the old man did say it was more enjoyable with the company and experience that was given, and we both appreciated it. Thanks again." Nick Heslin
"Thank you Allan for the fantastic Fishing Trip, I look
forward to the next trip in the near future. Also would like to thank you
for the huge effort you put in, to make sure we get great fish.
Top job mate."
97cm Threadfin Salmon
127cm Black Jewfish
This was Marja's maiden voyage to the Top End, on a Barra Fishing Safari, and it just goes to show that you can achieve anything if you really want to and you have the best guides to assist you.
You just can't keep a good and determined woman down!!
A breast cancer survivor, Marja was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1994 and has recently had deep brain stimulation surgery - a new technology that is giving Parkie sufferers a new lease on life. She is a keen sportswoman having played cricket up until 2004 and plays competitive golf 3 times a week at her home club of Box Hill in Victoria.
When she landed the monster 119cm fish, she remarked to a roar of laughter from the crew, and clapping from many other recreational boats around them, "It did pull a bit!"
To Allan & Heather; Great Trip; great organising; thoroughly recommend to anyone. Hopefully see you next year. - Graeme Hollands.
Fishing writer Jarrod Day visited again to chase barramundi, sailfish & pelagics and sent us some great photos of his catches.
Read his Barramundi Fishing report to see why the NT is known for the wide variety of fishing avaiable.
Our Guides Have helped many people experience the thrill of landing a Metre Long barramundi over the past few years. See our record of catches here.
Base Home Contact Information;
FREE CALL: 1800 777 420
email: Click here to email Darwin's Barra Base.
mail : 2 Todd Crescent Malak NT 0812
phone: +61 8 8945 0376